Keith J. Pemrick
Founding Member & Managing Partner
Keith is a founding member and managing partner of Commonwealth Strategic Partners (CSP). He brings 20 years of experience working with many facets of the political landscape, including in Congress and leading campaigns, as well as work in the private sector.
Keith provides CSP’s clients with government relations expertise, including advice and support on a wide range of legislative and regulatory issues. Keith also serves as the point person in Washington, DC for the Governor of Pennsylvania, Tom Wolf, and his staff. As the Governor’s liaison to the Pennsylvania congressional delegation, Keith has ensured the delivery of timely and accurate information designed to assist the Governor’s office and the state’s congressional offices as they work to protect the health and safety of all Pennsylvanians during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Keith has never been one to shy away from long odds or avoid speaking up as a different voice in the conversation. His tenacity and demeanor came in useful when working for Blue Dog Democrat Congressman Tim Holden (D-PA) in a majority-Republican district. Keith forged bipartisan relationships to advance Congressman Holden’s efforts to best represent his constituents’ interests.
In 2018, he also took on the challenge of managing the campaign of Denny Wolff, a Democrat seeking the open Pennsylvania 9th congressional district seat in a district President Trump won with 68%. As campaign manager, Keith developed and implemented the election strategy, oversaw all components of the campaign, and served as campaign spokesperson. While Wolff did not get elected, he forced the Republican establishment to fight in a seat that should have been a lock for them, including a district-wide endorsement from Donald Trump, Jr. two days before the election.
Over the years Keith has become especially adept at issues of transportation, infrastructure, and appropriations. The effects of his work are seen everyday in the district that he served thanks to his hard won successes during his time with Congressman Holden. For example, he secured more than $80.4 million from FY07 through FY10 for critical projects in the congressional district; secured more than $32.4 million for fire companies in the congressional district through the Assistance to Firefighters Grant Program (AFGP); was the point person in bringing nonstop service from Harrisburg International Airport (HIA) to Denver International Airport (DIA) through the Small Community Air Service Development Grant Program; wrote the legislative language included in MAP-21 that allows for state autonomy for culvert pipe selection; and led the Pennsylvania delegation’s effort against de-combining air traffic control facilities at seven Pennsylvania airports.
- Won language in the FAA Extension, Safety, and Security Act to mandate drug and alcohol testing and background checks of foreign repair station employees
- Secured language in the Fixing America’s Surface Transportation Act recognizing the critical role of private engineering firms and encouraging State and local agencies to partner with private engineering firms.
- Cementing over $33 million in federal funding for the creation of the Cancer Institute at Penn State Milton S. Hershey Medical Center.
- Securing $32.4 million for fire companies in Congressman Tim Holden’s (D-PA) congressional district through the Assistance to Firefighters Grant Program (AFGP).
- First-ever inclusion of Qualifications-Based Selection (QBS) in the Clean Water Act State Revolving Fund (CWSRF).
- Managing Partner, Commonwealth Strategic Partners
- Director of Environment & Energy Programs, American Council of Engineering Companies (ACEC)
- Legislative Director, Congressman Tim Holden (D-PA)
- Adjunct professor, School of Public Affairs, Government Department – American University
Awards & Affiliations:
- Patrick Henry Award, National Guard Association of the United States (2006)
- Congressional Security Scholar, Truman National Security Project (2011)
- American University Congressional Alumni Career Committee (2007-2013)
- Board Member, Pennsylvania Society of Washington, DC
- M.A. in Public Management – Johns Hopkins University
- B.A. in Political Science – American University
“CSP has provided us the best service and helped us meet our goals and build success.”
Founding Member & Managing Partner
Services Designed to Boost Support
Government Relations & Lobbying
PAC & Political Consulting